CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thanks to The Journey!

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged. Everything has been crazy busy for me and Rex. We had to try to find a place to live, I've been looking for a job, trying to get through school, deal with having only one car, my choosing to volunteer with the preschoolers on Sunday mornings, and all other every day occurrences.

It has been a long road, but much of it has paid off. Rex and I found an apartment in Colton (5 1/2 blocks from church), and many Journey members helped us move! Thanks to everyone's help, we got moved in ONE DAY! Rex and I are so grateful to everyone who was there. We never could have done it without you guys and gals!

As far as school, it's going well. I should be done in August. I'm expecting to graduate in May, and as soon as I get all the details, all Journey members are invited to attend! It's going to be the first Saturday in May, but I'm not sure of the time. I also know it will be at Cal Baptist, so we know the location. I promise I will let everyone know what time the ceremony is! I hope you can all make it!

I still haven't been able to find a job, but now that Rex and I live in Colton, the car situation is much simpler, since it only takes 10 minutes to get to Rex's job. So, either I can take him to work in the morning if I need the car, or he can come home for lunch, and I can take him back to work so I can have the car. Or, if I don't need the car at all, he can just take it, and still be able to get home quickly, if I need anything.

Rex was okay with me deciding to volunteer on Sunday mornings. In fact, he took it better than I expected. He knows I love kids, and it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I knew that Jodie and Wandica used to do it, and Cristina is still doing it, so I wanted to do it too! The nice part about finally volunteering is, Cristina and I are both teaching during the 10:30 service, and she's in the room next to mine! I teach the 3 year olds, and she teaches the 4 year olds. I also get to see Regina and C.J. Hill in the big room for worship and storytime! It's great to be around so many other Journeyers!

Thanks to all of The Journey, for being part of our lives, and being so supportive in all of our endeavors. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives, and we look forward to many years with the group. We love you all!

0 comments: