CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leader Study 1

I Timothy 1:1,2
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope. To Timothy my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
Insight: Jesus our hope! Paul just has a way with words. And this is probably the theme throughout Timothy to help Timothy in becoming a good leader. Actually, this is the theme throughout the New Testiment. Also, that God would be gracious (grace), merciful (mercy), and provide peace through his growing process. That he would be gracious, merciful, and peace giving. God would show these qualities in Him through Timothy.
Attitude: I think that God's telling me to just focus on these this week. To always remember and rely on the hope of Jesus or just the knowledge that Jesus is hope. Maybe remembering his sacrifice and his teachings and what he does in our lives everyday. That's hopeful. And in order to remember these things I have to stay in his word daily. Wow! Right off the bat he's telling me in order to grow as a leader, I need to be in the word. And he was already telling me that just for our relationship. The Bible, or studying the Bible rather, is really essential. Also, I need to pray for his grace when I don't deserve it, mercy when I screw up, and peace when I'm feeling anxious or overwhelmed at all. As well as God showing his grace, mercy, and peace for the children through me.
Questions: What does "Jesus our hope" mean exactly? What he's done or what he does in our lives who he is and what he's going to do in the future? What is grace, if not mercy? And do these characteristics deal with leadership or just in general?
Scriptures:
Hope in Jesus' comming
Rom 8:24,25
But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
(Also, in hope for peace during a hard time)
Guides us
Rom 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scripture we might have hope.
Fulfilled prophecy(faithfulness)/ Chosen us/Christ and his sacrifice and the Holy Spirit (which Jesus gave to us)
Rom 1:24,26-27
Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you... the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Also, mercy means unmerited favor.

0 comments: