CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

connecting the dots

I've been a christian for about 13 years now. In those 13 years i've read bits and pieces of the bible here & there. I've tried to read from the beginning a few times only to get to Genesis Ch 3 or 4 and then no further. There have been times when I've felt ashamed that I din't know the bible. At times it seems as if my sister (a claimed athiest) knows more about what's in the bible than I do.

I'm enthusiastic to say that that's slowly changing! Tonight I was at the women's bible study. We were studying Miriam tonight (Moses' sister). I never knew why the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt until tonight. It all made sense though because I've been reading along with the storyline challenge. I was able to connect everything. People and places have become more real to me. There are 2 other women in the group that are going through the challenge as well. It's neat to be on the same page as everyone else in our readings. Talking about it makes everything so much clearer.

To some who know every book in the bible, this may seem trivial. To me, it's a huge step in my walk with God. I'm excited to continue reading His Word and getting a clearer picture of who God is and His people. I encourage anyone else to go through it also. If you haven't started yet, just pick up from where we are on that day. The schedules is on http://www.towardtruth.com/ or below.

0 comments: