CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why Do We Forget?

Why is it that we forget the things that were revealed to us in the past so quickly? Some how when life gets too rough we forget the things that have guided us through the toughest issues in the past. Or maybe it's not that we forget, but that we don't remember. That's why we can't conquere this world on our own.
Suddenly, I had forgotten what I knew all you need is God. Things got a little rough. I finally realized I was feeling too much pressure and it's not like the world made it any better. So, I was finding ways to get things off my mind like tv, or playing out my story ideas in my head, and even cleaning became a distraction to my burdened thoughts. Why didn't I just turn to God? You know he was reaching out and calling me the whole time probably. So, one day at Fuel, I think two Fridays ago, Jess sang a few songs that really clicked. God showed me that yeah, it's okay to enjoy watching tv and thinking about my stories, and cleaning(really who enjoys cleaning), but that's all they are. They will never take away the pain or stress I was dealing with and will only cover them up. The ultimate joy that will never get boring or will never stop satisfying is God. Granted, I still felt pressure to the point where I wanted to explode on Saturday, but I had gotten(or was reminded) of the peice of the puzzle. And you know what's funny I wrote a drama about the things of this world are fun, but God is satisfying (and fun, too, of course. I'd rather praise God than watch tv for 3 hours anyday). And it never clicked that that's what I needed to remember.
Well about Saturday. It was horrible (I just like using that word to describe bad things). I think I woke up to a bad day. Usually, I'll know if I'm gonna have a bad day if the morning goes bad, but I knew as soon as I got up. It's my fault, I let the sun go down on my anger. Anyway, it's almost like I would try to make it better (with effort) and it'd get worse. So, on my break I went to the car and cried. (It was good for me) Then it started to rain and I don't know how I thought about it or where it came from, but I remembered God is big and powerful. He'll get me through my troubles because he's bigger than it. Then it snowed and I think He make it snow to make me feel better. Maybe, I was trying to think of Scriptures to encourage me. Honestly, God is ultimate relief, but a lot of times reading a Scripture will assure me and that'll comfort me. Well, the rest of the day wasn't any better. I acted like, quoting my mom, a "pycho". I just wanted to be by myself and I felt like curling up in a ball and being alone. That's not surrendering in God's peace. That's dealing with life without God territory. How dare I act that way? That's not how I should feel. I'm not sure if your really not supposed to act that way. But I didn't reach out to God like I should have. That's when it's not okay. So, I really sat down and prayed and just got everything out and gave it to God. Now that's the easy part. The hard part is leaving it in his hands, I have a tendancy to take it back. So, maybe I did forget and God reminded me at the right moment.

0 comments: